The India School on Internet Governance (inSIG) was founded in 2016, when inSIG2016 was convened in Oct-Nov 2016 at IIIT Hyderabad, immediately prior to the ICANN57 meeting held at the same city. The event had 44 participants from 9 countries and 22 speakers from 12 countries. The second edition of
The objectives of inSIG are:
- Impart formal training on Internet Governance to participants so as to prepare them for engagement in global Internet Governance processes. To this end, the programme content is a balanced mix of global IG topics, regional topics and India-specific topics (in the approximate ratio of 60:10:30);
- Nucleate a community of Internet Governance professionals in India through alumni;
- Introduce to participants some of the global experts in Internet Governance as speakers in the programme;
- Provide networking opportunities for participants; and
- Provide an international setting for participants through a mix of domestic and international participants, making inSIG a national-regional SIG.
The 2019 edition of